Sunday, December 8, 2013

Personal Narrative (Pre-Writing)

The first step in the writing process is Pre-writing. Here is the first graphic organizer "Choosing my seed story" . It help my students to focus in just one seed story. The watermelon represent "The Big Topic" and the students can brainstorm three or four seed stories and decided which will be their best story to write, by using the" I Love you strategy" ( I: information, heart: feeling and U: unique).

Here is the "Seed story graphic organizer" that finally will be the story

Thinking in "my visual students" I did this big watermelon and I laminated it. Therefore, every time that we start a new prompt, I use marker to write the big topic on the white rectangle and we use the black seeds to brainstorm potential seed stories and finally, we chose one and  we write it on the white seed. I like to use this Big watermelon  to model my students.
 
 
After modeling the two first steps of the writing process. I decided to post on the wall, so my students have it as a reference.

 Here is the draft (Borrador)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment