Sunday, December 8, 2013

Coloring Writing and MUPO strategy

This week, my students were revising and editing their personal narrative composition. We used this strategy "Escritura Colorida" (Coloring writing) for revising and my students just love it. This activity help my students to see  how many details they were including in their composition. First, I modeled it for them. Then, they revised their partner composition using different color markers.

I used a student sample with a score 4 to model my student how to use this strategy. After that we highlighted the transitions words, dialog, figurative language, sensorial details, etc. 
 
We used CUPS strategy for editing, so I decided to translate it in Spanish and now our strategy is MUPO.

 I modeled my students how to use this strategy and used a student sample with score 2.
 
 My students using MUPO strategy for editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment